This plant has many names and the practice of its use dates back millennia, with the prevalence of fenugreek received as an additional component of curry seasoning. After researching the effect of this culture on the human body, we discovered many of the positive properties that fenugreek has. In the article we indicate what the harm and benefits of fenugreek are, and also consider the presence of which elements determine the useful qualities of the product.
Nutritional Value and Composition of Fenugreek:
The valuable contents of this product are recognized by dietitians, gastroenterologists, and ordinary lay people because it contains the following components:
- Vitamins (Ascorbic acid, group B, Retinol and others);
- Mineral compounds (selenium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and many others);
- Saturated and unsaturated fatty acids;
As you can see, the plant contains a lot of necessary and useful elements for the body, while there are also alkaloids that inhibit the process of extinction of nerve cells in the brain in neurodegenerative diseases, and trigonelline, which is responsible for the renewal and revival of brain cells.
Calorie content of the plant is 323 kcal, which is 100 g:
- Fats (6.4 g);
- Proteins (23 g);
- Water (8.84 g);
- Carbohydrates (58.4 g);
- Ash (3.4 g);
- Dietary fiber (24.6 g).
All these compounds are important for health, so the benefits of fenugreek for the body are undeniable.
Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds For The Body of Women and Men:
The impressive biochemical composition of the seeds of the plant allows the use of this product for preventive and healing purposes. Seeds are used to treat a variety of pathologies, while it is possible to use them in the form of decoctions and powder. The main beneficial qualities of fenugreek seeds:
- The beneficial effect on the heart is due to the presence of fiber in the seeds of the plant, which contributes to its normal functioning and helps to prevent a heart attack, and the presence of potassium in their structure helps to regulate and improve heart rate, normalize blood pressure;
- Substances in the grass seed contribute to the intensive work of the liver, which affects the reduction of cholesterol and cleansing the body of harmful compounds;
- The use of these seeds will help to form a protective film on the intestinal mucosa and activate its activity, prevent heartburn, constipation, cleanse and remove toxins and toxins, this is the use of fenugreek seeds for the stomach;
- The seeds of this herb contribute to the restoration of intestinal microflora, is effective for dysbiosis, and also cleans helminths;
- Galactose and mannose present in fenugreek seeds do not allow sugar to be absorbed into the blood, and amino acids stimulate the production of insulin naturally, therefore the use of the product is recommended for diabetics;
- The use of tinctures from the seeds of this plant helps to restore iron stores;
- To improve the condition and reduce the temperature during influenza, it is advised to add seeds to honey or lemon, while the healing properties of honey and lemon will triple;
- Using fenugreek half an hour before meals in a small amount, you can reduce weight, because it saturates enough and does not allow overeating of the main food;
- During natural feeding, the use of this herb helps to increase the volume of breast milk due to the stimulation of prolactin production, this is the beneficial properties of fenugreek for women;
- Such a plant is also indispensable in the postpartum period, it helps to restore damaged ligaments and muscles;
- Multiple experiments have proved the beneficial effect of such a unique culture on men’s health, which manifests itself in an increase in male activity by 28%;
- Tea from this herb will relieve fatigue, add energy and improve mood;
- Applying slurry from the seeds of the plant to sores or foci of fungal diseases will help reduce their manifestations;
- Actively use fenugreek in cosmetology for the treatment of premature hair loss and enhancement of growth;
- A mask based on crushed fenugreek seeds to perfectly deal with oily skin.
Can Fenugreek harm the body, and what are the contraindications to its use?
Although the plant has goals with several useful properties, there are still some contraindications for its use:
- It is not recommended to use the product in conjunction with anti-diabetic drugs, only the individual use of fenugreek is useful for people with diabetes;
- During pregnancy, it is advisable to abandon this herb, which can provoke a uterine contraction and entail bleeding and premature birth;
- If there is an allergic reaction to legumes, you should also not use fenugreek;
- It is dangerous to use for people with hormone production disorders (for example, women with hypoestrogenic should not take the product because it is a strong phytoestrogen);
- During menstrual bleeding and with poor blood coagulation.
- When using fenugreek seeds, minor side effects from the digestive tract in the form of diarrhea, bloating and increased gas formation are also possible.
It is necessary to take into account one small feature of this medicinal product – a small enough dose to improve health and reduce the likelihood of side effects.
Thus, given the benefits of fenugreek and contraindications for use, you can significantly improve your health.