From childhood itself, each one of us is taught to brush our teeth properly. It is essential to keep oral wellness from young age itself to prevent decaying of teeth in future. Since the child’s oral cavity is delicate and much more prone to infections than an adult’s oral cavity, it is vital to keep a significant check on your child’s dental care.
At Kariong Dental Care, you can get dentist Gosford and experience fulfilment of your kid’s oral hygiene with the quick tips that we share.
- A soft toothbrush should be used for at least a 12 months old baby (or even younger if he/she can tolerate). Not required to use any toothpaste, but sip le water would do the work.
- To use the toothpaste, it is usually recommended to be used for children above 18 months old.
- Make a habit of brushing the infant’s teeth for at least two times a day as what the adults do. This will prevent any plaque from staying in the mouth.
Indications that your kid’s teeth are being brushed incorrectly:
- The redness in the gums of the children should not be taken lightly. It can further extend into swelling.
- The existence of plaque itself is a direct indication of incorrectly brushed teeth. A white accumulation of biofilm or bacteria on the teeth is called plaque.
To maintain the delicate oral hygiene of your children, it is vital to use the toothbrush aptly. The following are the steps for your children from the age of 18 months to 6 years, to get their teeth brushed properly:
- Use a soft toothbrush and low-fluoride toothpaste for your child. Take a pea-size amount of toothpaste on the toothbrush.
- Make the child sit on your lap or stand behind him/her, if taller. Raise their head towards your body so that you can see their oral cavity throughout.
- Remember to put the bristles of the toothbrush at an angle towards the gums. Move the brush in a circular way to have the outside display of the teeth clean.
- Continue the same procedure for the inside portion of teeth. Do this for about two minutes.
- Gently brushing is a to-and-fro movement on the chewing area of the teeth.
- After brushing the teeth, make sure that your child spits out the entire toothpaste since its intake could be dangerous.
- The tongue is where half of the germs sit, keep it clean too.
Also Read: Dental Crowns: How They Are Made
Visit Kariong Dental Care, and we will provide you with an all-time experience for your child’s first dental check-up. It could be around your child’s 12 months of age, around when he/she gets the first tooth coming. If you are looking for dentist Central Coast, we are the perfect ones to reach out. We provide suggestions and oral care facilities to tend to your kid’s teeth. Besides oral care and dental hygiene, we promise for the happy smiles of you and your kids.