Eating breakfast regularly is not a cup of tea for many. Especially for those who are not morning people, it is harder for them to get up early and make something that they can easily grab on the way. However, if you will realize the incredible benefits this seemingly simple choice can make, we bet there won’t be stopping.
As the name suggests, the term “Breakfast” means breaking the fasting period of the previous night. No wonder it is one of the most important meals of the day because it fuels our body with important nutrients that keep us energized and productive at work all day long.
On the other hand, people who are skipping breakfast are most likely to be overweight, have lower energy levels, slower metabolism rate, crave more unhealthy processed food, and eat a lesser amount of fruits and vegetables in their diet. While people who eat breakfast regularly tend to be more fit both mentally and physically than those who skip.
There are many advantages of eating in the a.m. Let’s take a scroll to know why you should join the breakfast club if you haven’t already.
- Eating a healthy breakfast keeps you full for longer thus preventing unwanted processed food cravings.
- Breakfast eaters get less fat and more fiber in their diet due to which they are able to magically shed extra pounds.
- Breakfast enriched with healthy food items improve body health and make you physically stronger.
- It helps to maintain the daily consumption of fruits and vegetables required for the proper functioning of your body.
- It helps to get the required calcium intake.
- Eating breakfast regularly helps your body to perform best with higher energy level.
- It also makes you more alert and focused at work.
- It fuels your body with all the essential nutrients required to maintain overall well-being.
- It promotes heart healthy by preventing type-2 diabetes and maintaining blood pressure.
- A healthy breakfast kicks the metabolism and prepare you for the day ahead.
- You tend to stay happier after eating a healthy breakfast.
All things considered, switching to a new habit might take time. Also, it can be tricky to choose what to add in the breakfast plate that is healthy and filling at the same time. So, here are a few tips that might help to break the breakfast-skipping habit and start a healthier one.
Healthier Tips to Get Your Breakfast Habit Started:
#1 – Take It Slowly:
It might get difficult to eat a heavy breakfast all of the sudden. So, it’s better to start small and light and gradually you will get used to it. Grab a glass of chemical-free juice, a handful of nuts or fruit.
#2 – Keep Gaps:
It’s not necessary to eat everything as soon you get ready for work or just step out of the bed. For this reason, start with eating a fruit, workout for at least 25-30min and then eat a good filling breakfast.
#3 – Make a Plan:
If you’re on time, you can easily manage everything. So, wake up half an hour earlier if you have to make breakfast by yourself. You can also choose reliable organic tiffin service to get tasty, delicious, and nutritious breakfast options right at your doorstep in Delhi/NCR.
#4 – Avoid Unhealthy Food:
Eating breakfast doesn’t mean you can fill your body with any crap. Processed foods are filled up with unhealthy calories and have no benefits to offer.
#5 – Eat Dinner Early:
Eating dinner early will increase the gap between breakfast and dinner so you wake up hungrier than usual. Maintain the potion control in the rest of the meals accordingly.
Be careful about what to choose to start the day the right way. Here are a few of our healthy suggestions that make great breakfast options to kick start the day and keep you full for a longer period.
- South Indian- Dosa, Idli & Uttapam
- Fruits Salad/Veggies Salad
- Fresh Chemical-free Juices
- Whole Grain Bread
- Yoghurt Without any Flavor
Whether you’re on a weight loss journey or not, skipping any meal of the day is not at all a good idea to achieve your goals. All you need is to eat mindfully and seasonally at the right time and in the right portions followed by other healthy lifestyle actions like following a good night sleep, working out regularly, drinking plenty of water, keeping stress at bay, to live a happy, healthy, and disease-free life.
Hope it helps!
Image Courtesy: Make a Plan