Being sick is never fun. Even a common cold that might be the result of seasonal change becomes a havoc for us. Then how we could let anything bigger and scarier come near to ourselves and our loved ones. We are talking about one of the most complicated diseases of the modern times; cancer.
No food guarantees complete safety from cancer. But, you can eat certain kinds of foods to lower the risk of contracting it. That is why today we will be talking about some foods that might lower the cancer risk. But before that, let’s get to know something about the positive and negative relation between foods or diets. How your food might be putting you under risk of complicated diseases like cancer, and how another kind of diet might also help you in building a healthier immune system.
The Relation Between Food (Diet) and Cancer:
Food and cancer are highly related to each other. Cancer is one of the most deadly diseases in the whole world and it can very easily be influenced by some healthy lifestyle changes. Food being one of them. Studies have proven that some certain good habits, healthy eating and an active lifestyle might lower down the risk of many kinds of cancers in a person’s body. When we are talking about food, we will discuss how your food habits can be making you more susceptible to the risk of cancer.
Eating excess of certain foods can be really harmful to you. And what are those foods?
- Excess sugar, malt and foods with lots of added sugar.
- Fried foods, especially the ones made in low quality oils and fried multiple times without changing the oil.
- Refined Carbs, like packaged chips, fries, burgers, pizza and other junk food.
- Overcooked or undercooked foods, foods coming from the market should be prepared well at a good temperature. But try to avoid overcooking your food or keeping it for longer in your refrigerator.
- Pesticide, chemical laced food. Our conventional foods are sprayed with chemicals for a faster growth which can be more than just harmful for human consumption.
These can be the possible reasons that might put you under the risk of this painful disease. As prevention is always said to be better than cure, let’s get to some changes and habits that might help you stay away from the risk of cancer.
A plant based diet is always known to be beneficial to avoid the risk of cancer. So, if you are ready to make this shift in your lifestyle, then this might be a very effective step towards a safer future. In today’s lifestyle, it is very hard to know what factor is causing this disease. That is why it is better to take the steps that are helpful in lowering the risk of them. Also, it is a must to switch your regular food with an organic version of it. Stay away from smoking and uncontrollable drinking habits to cut the possibilities even more.